Re: Evil spyware warning!

SkyLogic wrote:
> Hi all.
> I am currently having trouble with a red circle with a white cross (X) in it
> which is situated in my System Tray. It continuously gives me a large pop-up
> warning saying that "Your computer is infected! Click here to protect
> yourself from spyware".
> I have ran countless spyware and adware programs but nothing has been
> detected.
> This icon is not always present though. It will appear roughly every other
> time i turn my PC on and usually after long periods of time of the PC being
> on.
> I feel that it could be a trojan downloader but nothing is detecting it.
> I have checked my Add/Remove programs for anything out of the ordinary but
> all is ok.
> As the pop-up message appears nearly every 20 seconds i am now on a short
> fuse and am thinking about attacking my PC with a hammer!!!!!! lol.
>
> If anyone can offer me advise it would be extreamly appreciated!!!
>
> Thanks for your time.
>
> Chris Sabatina
>
> PS. If i go to C:/documents&settings/me/Local Settings/temp. sometimes there
> are EXE files with a number (eg. 1633.exe) and if i delete these the pop-ups
> stop but the icon in the system tray stays. Is is only on some occations
> though, other times there is nothing in the temp folder and the pop-ups still
> occure.

Hello,

I am the author of Super Ad Blocker with SUPERAntiSpyware. It will
detect and remove this problem - we have seen this many times:
http://www.superadblocker.com

Super Ad Blocker offers a fully functional 15-day trial. You can scan
and clean your computer and then remove Super Ad Blocker if you do not
wish to keep it.

You may wish to perform your scan in Safe Mode - we have a free tool
called BootSafe to make that process easier.
http://www.superadblocker.com/bootsafe.html

Nick Skrepetos
SuperAdBlocker.com - SUPERAntiSpyware
http://www.superadblocker.com

  • Re: Pop Up MALWARE: winfixer2005, winantivirus etc.
    ... Yes, the removal should be simple, and it is with some spyware scanners, and ... SUPERAntiSpyware product. ... Super Ad Blocker | SUPERAntiSpyware offers several unique features such as ...
    (microsoft.public.security.virus)
  • Re: Cant Get Spyaxe Virus out of my XP
    ... You may wish to try Super Ad Blocker with SUPERAntiSpyware: ... > I have a nasty virus in my computer related to the Spyware Axe product. ...
    (microsoft.public.security.virus)
  • Re: "worm.s.sober" i think its called virus. please help
    ... As an ad-blocker Super Ad Blocker blocks just about any type of ad you can ... fly-in ads to the sponsored search ads on search engines and sites. ... SuperAdBlocker.com | SUPERAntiSpyware ...
  • Re: iexplorer.exe shows in task manager process list but no browser op
    ... You may wish to try Super Ad Blocker with SUPERAntiSpyware: ... using a system level driver to delete detected items, ...
  • Re: what is this?
    ... > You may wish to try Super Ad Blocker with SUPERAntiSpyware: ... Open File Security Warning ...
    (alt.comp.anti-virus)