Re: Isolating 1 Workstation from the rest of the network

"BobS" <no-spam@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote in message
> So by adding a system that will have nothing but internet access, his hope
> is to keep any virus from spreading on his network.

I have to say this is an utterly bollocks way to even consider protecting a
network; if something is known to be very insecure you *absolutely dont* use
it.

Every computer on the network should have a fully up to date firewall and
anti virus scanner installed on it, which should run a full scan overnight
when the computers are not in use.

The linksys should be configured to block any incomming ports for services
that you dont use, and block outgoing ports to things that you dont want.

--
- Mark Randall
http://www.temporal-solutions.co.uk

"Those people that think they know everything are a great annoyance to those
of us who do"
Isaac Asimov

.