Re: Questions about the security of buying things on ebay.com

THKS,All!

"Steven L Umbach" <n9rou@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> дÈëÏûÏ¢ÐÂÎÅ:%235zHuJyGGHA.1124@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
> Your question has nothing to do with Microsoft security. Having said that
> never bid more than what you really are willing to pay for something. I
> buy stuff on Ebay all the time and have a lot of fun doing it. Yes shill
> bidding goes on but it is fairly uncommon and only a fool gets caught in a
> bidding war. If the shill bidder wins the auction then the seller still
> has to pay Ebay fees which deters such. You can search what like items
> have sold in the past to get a general idea of an items worth. Ebay has a
> lot of their own forums you can post in or read past posts. As Lanwench
> said "Buy It Now" is also a good way to buy items. I often search for new
> Buy It Now items and jump on them if I think the price is right. Some
> sellers also inflate shipping costs so watch out for that. --- Steve
>

> "smith" <someone@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote in message
>> Hi, all. I intend to buy things on ebay.com.
>>
>> But I found that there is a problem about the security of ONLINE auction.
>> For example, if A want to sell out something for a high price on
>> ebay.com, he/she can register a number of different accounts, pretend to
>> buy the item on the behalf of different usernames that he/she wants to
>> sell and raise up the price that he/she set by oneself. In this way,
>> he/she can cheat the real vendees and sell out his item for highest
>> price.
>>
>> Maybe this kind of circumstance could happen in the real auction
>> activities, but I think it is more likely to happen in the online auction
>> deals especially when the item is popular online. Is that true?
>>
>> Is there any merchanism to avoid the fraud on ebay.com? Or should they
>> set up one to avoid that?
>>
>> Look forward to your opinions! Thanks very much.

  • Re: Questions about the security of buying things on ebay.com
    ... Your question has nothing to do with Microsoft security. ... never bid more than what you really are willing to pay for something. ... jump on them if I think the price is right. ... > But I found that there is a problem about the security of ONLINE auction. ...
    (microsoft.public.security)
  • Re: OT Health care
    ... She said she'd need to pay for it in the United States. ... Medicaid is a safety net. ... it is RATIONED by price. ... the government from investing the exact same amount in R&D in Canada? ...
    (rec.gambling.poker)
  • Re: Why are vacuum tubes still used in audio amplifiers instead of solid-state transistor
    ... could 'afford' them at twice the current price too. ... but at wages far below "white fella pay". ... and they could see what was wrong with Russia and China ... its sold at many times the Chinese ex ...
    (rec.audio.tubes)
  • Re: F**K!
    ... that is the price you will have to pay. ... The tax isn't in lieu of that you know, ... provide services free that you would have to pay for otherwise. ... so much for that that saving completely offsets your high gas tax? ...
    (rec.motorcycles)
  • Re: $10 inner tubes?
    ... Now that I got some Continental Schraeder tubes I'm spoiled, ... even I balk once the price goes over $5 for standard ... entry in the field/market, so as to subvert free market forces on pricing. ... and pay only for prescribed service and not others. ...
    (rec.bicycles.tech)