Re: System Administrator cannot access files/folders

Check the permissions on the folder to see if they include administrators
for full control and do not show deny permissions for
users/everyone/authenticated users or any other group that your account may
be a member of. If you don't have correct permissions and can not change
them then you have to take ownership of the folder as an administrator being
sure to select the option to replace owner on subcontainers and objects and
then give administrators or your user account full control. You don't state
the operating system used but the links below should help out. --- Steve

http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;308418 --- XP
folder permissions
http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;308421 --- XP
taking ownership

"Chris" <chris@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote in message
> Hello,
>
> I'm logged on as the system administrator...and when I open my
> files/folders inside my cdrive/"My Computer", I get a message saying I am
> restricted from opening or accessing...Why is this happening...there are
> only
> two accounts. One is my Normal account, which is the system
> administrator,
> and the other is the guest account...How do I fix this issue?
> --
> Thank you very much for your help.

  • Re: For those of you who have disabled UAC while using user/admin, you dont have full admin rights &
    ... In Vista, an admin user doesn't have permissions to ... has the ability to take ownership and change permissions. ... all one has to do is add a second user account on the folder ...
  • Re: User Account lost when XP had to be reinstalled
    ... you can set XP Home permissions in Safe Mode. ... This is not your administrator account, ... >Open Explorer, go to Tools and Folder Options, on the ... >tab, click advanced, go to the Owner tab and select the ...
  • Re: For those of you who have disabled UAC while using user/admin, you dont have full admin rights &
    ... In Vista, an admin user doesn't have permissions to do everything they did in previous verions of Windows, but still has the ability to take ownership and change permissions. ... Really, all one has to do is add a second user account on the folder or file and give full rights as like the Administrator group, which would be the User account of the user/admin that logs into the machine. ...
  • Re: How to unlock the user account files in an previous Window XP
    ... > ownership and permissions supersede administrator rights. ... This is not your administrator account, ... > Open Explorer, go to Tools and Folder Options, on the view tab, scroll to ... > tab, click advanced, go to the Owner tab and select the user that was logged ...