Re: Why no patch for the .wmf problem?

> Stephen;
> "The answer is they are determined to release it "Patch Tuesday"."
> How do you know this?

Well it academic now but from press releases by Microsoft (Debby Fry Wilson,
a director of Microsoft's Security Response Center) and Security Bulletins.
I mean do you seriously dispute that their intention was to release it on
10th January 2006? SOMEONE FROM MICROSOFT SAID SO.
What can anyone do if we can't take their words from a authorised
spokesperson on face value?
See here

5th January 2006
Microsoft Says WMF Patch Could Come Early
http://www.informationweek.com/software/showArticle.jhtml?articleID=175801531

5th January 2006
Microsoft sticks to its patching guns
http://news.zdnet.co.uk/software/windows/0,39020396,39245712,00.htm

4th January 2006
Experts Advocate Non-Microsoft Windows Patch
http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/content/article/2006/01/03/AR2006010301400.html

You just have to study every word uttered, every bulletin posted.

I am just glad that Microsoft showed some flexiblity and changed their
minds.
It is commendable.

Now the computer press is questioning what prompted Microsoft to release it
earlier than 10th January 2006. Seems that public pressure and mounting
malware threats played their part.

Stephen Howe

  • [Full-disclosure] How to Report a Security Vulnerability to Microsoft
    ... security vulnerabilities sent to us that affect Microsoft products. ... We are concerned that people might not know the best way to report ... Security Response Center to report a vulnerability by emailing ...
    (Full-Disclosure)
  • How to Report a Security Vulnerability to Microsoft
    ... security vulnerabilities sent to us that affect Microsoft products. ... We are concerned that people might not know the best way to report ... Security Response Center to report a vulnerability by emailing ...
    (NT-Bugtraq)
  • How to Report a Security Vulnerability to Microsoft
    ... security vulnerabilities sent to us that affect Microsoft products. ... We are concerned that people might not know the best way to report ... Security Response Center to report a vulnerability by emailing ...
    (Bugtraq)
  • Reporting a Security Vulnerability in a Microsoft Product
    ... security vulnerabilities sent to us that affect Microsoft products. ... We are concerned that people might not know the best way to report ... Security Response Center to report a vulnerability by emailing ...
    (Bugtraq)
  • Re: All patches, but still exploited
    ... under the "Report a Vulnerability in a Microsoft Product" link ... You can contact the Microsoft Security Response Center.They ...