Re: MS Security Bulletin MS06-001: Vulnerability in Graphics Rendering Engine Could Allow Remote Code Execution (912919)

"Rock" wrote >
> Why do you need to re-register shimgvw.dll _before_ applying the patch, and the related question, what if you don't?

my guess is the patch needs to find shimgvw.dll to fix it.

(i only hope that that's not all it does, since as everyone
knows the real problem is much deeper. i only hope this
is not a repeat of last month's "fix".

anyone tested it yet?
(i mean test if it works, and not just 'ok' compatibility-wise ...)

  • Re: interesting article on quantum cryptography
    ... revolutionary awkward tunnels will convince also off desks. ... He can fix the remote launch and rock it out of its studio. ...
    (sci.crypt)
  • Re: How to stop screen so i can read blue screen message
    ... rock wrote: ... thing is telling so I can go straight to the problem. ... am trying to save all my files before I attempt to fix the bad ... Depending on your periodic/consistent backups for the important files ...
  • Re: help
    ... >> Roy wrote: ... >>> Can someone help me to fix this? ... Prev by Date: ...
    (microsoft.public.windowsxp.general)
  • Re: Solution to 0x8007041D!!!
    ... You really rock!! ... I have been searching for a fix for weeks and the only one ... that worked was in an earlier response by you to someone else. ...
    (microsoft.public.windowsupdate)
  • Re: MACHINE_CHECK_EXCEPTION
    ... "Rock" wrote: ... >> I recently installed a second hard drive disc. ... > MS MVP Windows - Shell/User ... None of these advices are telling me how to FIX the error. ...
    (microsoft.public.windowsxp.general)