Re: EFS File Copy Decrypts files. How can this be avoided?

You can do this if you set up WebDAV on your server and use it to transfer
files to the server. In this case files will stay encrypted while they are
copied to the server (over WebDAV).

--
Mike
Microsoft MVP - Windows Security

"Talon" <Talon@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote in message
> hi,
> I have posted this in another forum I believe. Just wanted to see what
> kind
> of feedback I get here.
>
> I have two laptops(windows xp) part of a domain and connected to a
> corporate
> network. Both laptops have encryption enabled and have encrypted files.
> 1. I would like to perform mass files copies from one machine to the other
> without having the files decrypted.
> 2. Not only does this add a 6-10 times the time to the copy, but the files
> of course on unencrypted on the other machine I copied them too.
> Is there a copy utility that can copy files over peer to peer and maintain
> encryption.
> I am NOT talking about how they travel through the wire.
>
> True Backups solutions work, but is there a copy util?
>
> thanks

  • Re: EFS File Copy Decrypts files. How can this be avoided?
    ... > files to the server. ... > copied to the server (over WebDAV). ... Both laptops have encryption enabled and have encrypted files. ... >> Is there a copy utility that can copy files over peer to peer and ...
    (microsoft.public.security)
  • Re: Auto-update protocol
    ... shared secret/public key is the only way to do the encryption. ... successfully decryption is the authentication. ... you can get using a generic farm server, but TFTP does not have any ... are available and forgo client polling at all ... ...
    (comp.arch.embedded)
  • [NT] Multiple Vulnerabilities in HP Web JetAdmin (Read, Write, Execute, Path Disclosure, Password De
    ... The following security advisory is sent to the securiteam mailing list, and can be found at the SecuriTeam web site: http://www.securiteam.com ... HP Web JetAdmin is an enterprise management system for large amounts of HP ... The web server is a modular service ... HP Web JetAdmin uses it's own encryption. ...
    (Securiteam)
  • Re: Advice needed on secure remote datacenter and secure communication
    ... fair bit of time working with windows server, ... as for VPN, ... Addressing your issue with PGP encryption on sensitive files, ...
    (alt.computer.security)
  • Re: Best way to get large files from a friend?
    ... |> people have "no reasonable expectation of privacy" with email. ... it moves from server to server to get to ... the vpn can intercept it without cracking the encryption. ... able to read people's emails unless there's a *really* good reason, ...
    (rec.photo.digital)