Re: several viruses

Virus and spyware infections have gotten extremely difficult to remove, and
in many cases they can't be removed and you have to erase your hard disk and
start all over.

You'll have to visit the web sites of the major anvtivirus and antispyware
companies to see if they can offer any help. Good luck.

--
Ted Zieglar
"You can do it if you try."

"lkritter" <lkritter@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote in message
> they were picked up by norton as viruses but spyware has been detected too
by
> spybot.
>
> "Ted Zieglar" wrote:
>
> > Are you certain they're viruses and not spyware?
> >
> > --
> > Ted Zieglar
> > "You can do it if you try."
> >
> > "lkritter" <lkritter@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote in message
> > > I have several viruses on my computer that norton found but didn't
prevent
> > > for some reason. how do i get them off my computer and not just in
> > > quarentine? norton sais it can't clean them.

  • Re: Iexplorer cpu usage 97% at startup
    ... If only viruses were the only bad things out there. ... Trojans, spyware, adware and other scumware exists. ... using Windows XP "prettifications". ... You should at least turn on the built in firewall. ...
  • Re: *.LNK has gone mad - PLEASE HELP
    ... Completely remove all the viruses and spyware on your computer. ... Ted Zieglar ... > now most of the link-icons is gone ...
  • Re: IMI.1536.A "Dropper" - Different results and findings?
    ... > with "...In viruses and trojans, the dropper is the part of the program that ... Software based A-V's, Norton, et al *should* be left alone to scan for viruses. ... Spyware scanners can and do flag some virus exploits but conversely, ... Online A-V scans do not scan compressed files, AFAIK, Norton online does not. ...
    (microsoft.public.security)
  • Re: This Day In History - August 24
    ... XP is certainly an efficient vector for viruses. ... >> Viruses on XP aren't that big of a deal, install norton once in a while, ... >> run it once a week, it removes viruses and spyware, big deal. ... > week just to keep XP virus free. ...
    (comp.sys.mac.advocacy)
  • Re: svchost.exe Network Service