Re: several viruses

You need to make sure that you keep your virus definitions current and that
is done via Live Update which can be automated. Also make sure that Norton
is in real time monitor mode and that it scans all your emails and
downloads. It should also be scheduled to do at least weekly full system
scans. What I would do now is to use Live Update to make sure you are
current with virus definitions and then boot into Safe Mode to do your
initial virus scan. If you have trouble with a specific malware search
Norton's site at http://securityresponse.symantec.com/ to see if there are
specific instructions. As make sure you read the link below on the must do
basics to secure your computer/network and it has links on viruses and
spyware. --- Steve

http://www.microsoft.com/athome/security/protect/windowsxpsp2/Default.mspx
--- Protect Your PC

"lkritter" <lkritter@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote in message
>I have several viruses on my computer that norton found but didn't prevent
> for some reason. how do i get them off my computer and not just in
> quarentine? norton sais it can't clean them.

  • Re: norton antivirus 2004 - email scanning
    ... >I have no viruses. ... >i used express live update daily. ... I have noticed that as from about 2 wks ago Norton is no longer ... scanning my email either. ...
    (microsoft.public.scripting.virus.discussion)
  • email scanning norton not scanning/ zonealarm2 fault?
    ... >i used express live update daily. ... I have noticed that as from about 2 wks ago Norton is no ... scanning my email either. ... be sure they're viruses because I am not opening them to ...
    (microsoft.public.security)
  • Re: How to kill viruses w32.Sasser.C.Worm & w32.Erkez.B@mm
    ... Update the Norton to latest engine and virus definitions. ... viruses, to see if there are special procedures required. ... "ims" wrote in message ...
    (microsoft.public.security.virus)
  • MBLAST - Is it the problem?
    ... Hi,it may be an idea to update your norton every day as i ... internet..."automatic live update" ... >I run Norton Anti-Virus and Norton Internet Security. ... >I've run a system scan and found no viruses. ...
  • Re: LiveUpdate to 2.5 Corrupts the LiveUpdate Program
    ... >> Manually ran Live update for Norton AV 2003 today. ... >> product update. ... AS long as the virus definitions keep updating, I am going to leave the ...
    (microsoft.public.security.virus)