Re: Win98se KB 891711

KB891711 is a Win98 security update released by Microsoft back in April 2005:

AliceZ thought carefully and wrote on 12/27/2005 6:44 PM:
I hope I am posting this question on the correct forum. I have an old notebook which has Win98se and I notice in the MSCONFIG startup there is a file KB891711.etc.
Just what is this file and is it needed? I have read a few reviews and all seem to be uninstalling it (unclicking in startup and removing with Add/Remove) because of problems it is causing. I have Norton AntiVirus2004 and Norton Firewall 2004 and AdAware.
Can someone offer a definitive anser? Thank you.