Re: Win98se KB 891711
- From: Lance <lltbhill@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
- Date: Tue, 27 Dec 2005 20:04:12 -0800
KB891711 is a Win98 security update released by Microsoft back in April 2005:
AliceZ thought carefully and wrote on 12/27/2005 6:44 PM:
I hope I am posting this question on the correct forum. I have an old notebook which has Win98se and I notice in the MSCONFIG startup there is a file KB891711.etc.
Just what is this file and is it needed? I have read a few reviews and all seem to be uninstalling it (unclicking in startup and removing with Add/Remove) because of problems it is causing. I have Norton AntiVirus2004 and Norton Firewall 2004 and AdAware.
Can someone offer a definitive anser? Thank you.
- Prev by Date: Re: Service running as Local system account Unable to map drive on ano
- Next by Date: Re: Unable to access Security Event Log Windows 2003 Stand alone
- Previous by thread: Re: Windows Firewall
- Next by thread: Re: Win98se KB 891711