RE: Reformat Methods Don't Work?

Sue then you are more courageous that I. I'm nowhere near the experts that
are in here, I'd be afraid to flash my bios. However I've had a boot virus
where roughly the same things happened to me. There is a switch on the
motherboard to clear your bios should be a schematic diagram in the case...
if you can 't find it just pull the battery. Then reformat.

I've had a brand new machine and was just registering with microsoft and
compact presario when I ended up at a yahoo search page instead of microsoft
update so I know it happens. Every major firewall was useless,changing
isp,e-mail and passwords until I figured out that I had to hide the mac
address behind a router.

I hope this helps and I sympathize with you good luck.

.