Re: Unknown Admin Password in Recovery Console

"SueInCincy" <SueInCincy@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> a écrit dans le message de news: 3AE5B52A-9D97-46B5-AE0D-95BCFAF9135A@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Sorry, I guess I thought t sort of went without saying that after wiping the
hard drive, I reinstalled the manufacturers' recovery media. One time, I
tried just installing a new XP disk, but I had the same result.

What I am most troubled by in all this is the appearance of an unknown
person being the actual "administrator," somehow, of this computer.

Pardon me if I ask a stupid question, but are you aware that all mainstream OS have a built-in user account (usually called root or Administrator), used for operations that require full control of the OS? If you find such an account on your computer, this is completely normal.

.