Re: Unknown Admin Password in Recovery Console

"SueInCincy" <SueInCincy@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> a écrit dans le message de news: 3AE5B52A-9D97-46B5-AE0D-95BCFAF9135A@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Sorry, I guess I thought t sort of went without saying that after wiping the
hard drive, I reinstalled the manufacturers' recovery media. One time, I
tried just installing a new XP disk, but I had the same result.

What I am most troubled by in all this is the appearance of an unknown
person being the actual "administrator," somehow, of this computer.

Pardon me if I ask a stupid question, but are you aware that all mainstream OS have a built-in user account (usually called root or Administrator), used for operations that require full control of the OS? If you find such an account on your computer, this is completely normal.

  • Re: firewall on budget ?
    ... 1)Work in Admin mode, and through 'run as', browse ... If working in admin mode and doing runas to browse in a guest account. ... Installing a program, getting an error, then doing the run as, can be ... running as administrator all the time. ...
  • Re: Backup and reinstall - no server access
    ... >>>We have a Windows Server 2003 with a lost Administrator password. ... >>>Knoppix), plug in a USB hard disk, copy the files on the Windows ... > As for having two administrator accounts, ...
    (microsoft.public.win2000.setup)
  • Re: i did something wrong. New User
    ... I have a boot disk called "ERD Commander" that gives me full access to the Windows XP system. ... Even changing the User to "Administrator" resulted in the same error. ... Both Computers are Dell Dimension computers with Window XP Pro and I have the Dell Installation ... problems are among the VFAQs and most respondents would have pointed you to Google. ...
    (microsoft.public.windowsxp.general)
  • Re: i did something wrong. New User
    ... I have a boot disk called "ERD Commander" that gives me full access to the Windows XP system. ... I had worked on the computers for two days before choosing to reformat and start over, which was in the end the best solution as the reason for the removal of the user was so PC could be given to a charity. ... Even changing the User to "Administrator" resulted in the same error. ...
    (microsoft.public.windowsxp.general)
  • [NT] FtpXQ Default Install Read/Write Capabilities
    ... When installing ... drive for the purpose of an administrator testing the server. ... environment, and not in a production setting, or on an IP that is exposed ... both of these accounts and/or change the User IDs before putting it into a ...
    (Securiteam)