Re: Password Complexity

The complexity rules are sometime state with some simplification.
If you want to get a better handle, read into the newer releases of
the security/risks-countermeasures guides being release recently
and through remainder of the year. There are more rules than just
3 or the 4 character sets. I suspect that the same applies for the
logic employed for aging/reuse.

You are dealing with fact the changing passwords to things that are
trivial variations is not a strong/safe way to have a password changed.

In your example of passWord2 with 9 characters there are only
there are only about 512 variations in which these char are in
the same order but each (including the 2) are either upper cased
or not. If one knew the old then finding the new would be trivial
if such was allowed as a valid change.

.