Re: Internet connection in safe mode

You need to boot into Safe Mode with networking in order to access the
internet if Safe Mode. Doing such will however disable any host/software
firewall so you need to be sure your network is protected by at least an
"internet router" or other firewall device. --- Steve

"Maurice Buckley" <Maurice Buckley@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote in
message news:3E1AAA47-336C-4C54-9EC3-D3B6C139F866@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
>I got the blue screen and Microsoft told me i had probably got one of the
> Apropos B or c or Trojan Win 32.crypt.t or WinNT/Zufyx viruses. I
> followed
> the instructions but could not access my broadband connection in safe
> mode.
> It did not appear on Network Connnections in Control Panel, and i had only
> the option in the connection wizard of utilising an always on Bb
> connection.
> I could not therefore utilize the scan as apparently this(these) viruse(s)
> are not recognised in ordinary Windows mode.
>
> Can anyone suggest how i might deal with this problem.
>
> If you can, and you live in Northern Ireland, i will make a point of
> buying
> you a pint!
>
> Thanks

  • Re: Cant connect to the internet
    ... Restart your computer ... Open Network Connections ... Right click LAN connection and choose Properties ... You can also try to run computer in Safe Mode With Networking (press F8 ...
  • XP freeze after connected to network
    ... network adapter driver when choosing safe mode with networking. ... whole traffic and gradually allowing connection by connection but as soon ... as i allow connections to DCs this client freezes again. ...
  • Re: Is SP2 a Disaster for XP and Local Networks?
    ... I was forced to remve Mc firewall, I've depended on MS firewall, and it's a different ... It doesn't recognize this machine or the only other machine on the network. ... I'm going to try the Safe mode suggestion in a moment, ... Well, in safe mode, the ping to 192.168.0.3, and then to ...
  • Re: Network stops after time
    ... the issue does not exist in Safe Mode with Network. ... able to update your profile and access the the partner newsgroups. ... Problem on DHCP Server ...
  • Re: Laptop Logoff Painfully Slow when a Kerberos Realm user is logged on
    ... I applied all available updates using Microsoft Update and there was no change. ... However, the System Event Notification service does not start in Safe Mode, and cannot be started manually, so I can't test behaviour in Safe Mode with that service running. ... events, such as Windows logon, network, and power events. ...
    (microsoft.public.windowsxp.general)