Re: Internet connection in safe mode
- From: "Steven L Umbach" <n9rou@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
- Date: Thu, 8 Dec 2005 16:19:12 -0600
You need to boot into Safe Mode with networking in order to access the
internet if Safe Mode. Doing such will however disable any host/software
firewall so you need to be sure your network is protected by at least an
"internet router" or other firewall device. --- Steve
"Maurice Buckley" <Maurice Buckley@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote in
>I got the blue screen and Microsoft told me i had probably got one of the
> Apropos B or c or Trojan Win 32.crypt.t or WinNT/Zufyx viruses. I
> the instructions but could not access my broadband connection in safe
> It did not appear on Network Connnections in Control Panel, and i had only
> the option in the connection wizard of utilising an always on Bb
> I could not therefore utilize the scan as apparently this(these) viruse(s)
> are not recognised in ordinary Windows mode.
> Can anyone suggest how i might deal with this problem.
> If you can, and you live in Northern Ireland, i will make a point of
> you a pint!
- Prev by Date: Re: Password Complexity
- Next by Date: Re: Unknown Admin Password in Recovery Console
- Previous by thread: Re: Internet connection in safe mode
- Next by thread: Re: Password Complexity