Re: Password Complexity

Password complexity requires that passwords be at least six characters in
length and it could even be more depending on the minimum password length
setting as show in the command net accounts on a domain controller. ---
Steve

"xmis1" <xmis1@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote in message
> Hello,
>
> We just enabled strong password/complexity policy in our windows 2003
> domain. I have a question regarding UpperCase/lowercase words, here is a
> scenario.
>
> A user's password was Password2. When he was prompted to change the
> password
> he used passWord2 (notice the diffrence in P and W between the old and new
> password) as a new password but the system would not accespt it eventhough
> it's a different password from his old one. Any ideas how we can make the
> system recognize upper and lower case?
>
> Thanks

  • Re: 2003 Domain Controller Powerd Off for 24 hours, then demoted
    ... Just by virtue of turning off a domain controller you're likely to see some ... error messages (and potentially issues - depending to large extent on its ... Does it function as a DNS server/Global Catalog/any other roles providing ... We plan to start it up, run ipconfig /registerdns, then run dcpromo to ...
  • RE: Cannot join NT domain
    ... Please add following lines to LMHOSTS file in the location ... FOR A DOMAIN CONTROLLER THAT IS THE PDC: ... Master Browser entry: ... make sure there is exactly 20 characters inside the quotes, ...
  • Re: Get rid of DNS 4010 events...
    ... does "mylocaldomain.LAN" actual name have an underscore in it? ... is a third 2003 domain controller which is on its way out ... then again, maybe not, depending on what you have. ... Ace ...
  • Re: User logon name - maximum length
    ... Off the top of my head I believe it is 128, ... I have user logon names that are over 20 characters in length. ... The domain controller is a Server 2003 and all of the clients are ...