Re: Internet connection in safe mode

Maurice Buckley wrote:

> I got the blue screen and Microsoft told me i had probably got one of
> the
> Apropos B or c or Trojan Win 32.crypt.t or WinNT/Zufyx viruses. I
> followed the instructions but could not access my broadband connection
> in safe mode. It did not appear on Network Connnections in Control
> Panel, and i had only the option in the connection wizard of utilising
> an always on Bb connection. I could not therefore utilize the scan as
> apparently this(these) viruse(s) are not recognised in ordinary
> Windows mode.
>
> Can anyone suggest how i might deal with this problem.
>
> If you can, and you live in Northern Ireland, i will make a point of
> buying you a pint!
>
> Thanks

Follow these removal steps. You will need to get the tools/updates you
need from a different, known-clean machine with an Internet connection
and either a cd burner or have a usb thumbdrive with enough capacity to
transfer the files.

If the instructions look too difficult or you don't have access to
another computer as necessary, take your machine to a professional
computer repair shop (not your local version of BigStoreUSA).

Malke
--
Elephant Boy Computers
www.elephantboycomputers.com

  • Re: Internet Explore Security
    ... I am using a wireless connection which is on a home local area ... > commented about scanning in safe mode. ... items other than Internet Protocol TCP/IP item. ... I can't comment on any problems you had with System Restore and NIS, ...
  • Re: Major problem after converting from FAT 32 to NTFS -urgent hel
    ... My PC is running like new, Internet connection and all. ... "Terry R." ... on the keyboard: ... Does the same thing happen when you start Windows in Safe Mode? ...
    (microsoft.public.windowsxp.general)
  • Re: Connection Works in Safemode but not in normal Windows
    ... some program which isn't loading in Safe Mode is causing the problem. ... You may have to register and post a HijackThis log to one of these forums ... > I have lost Internet connection. ... We uninstalled the network card and unplugged the ethernet cable ...
    (microsoft.public.windows.inetexplorer.ie6.setup)
  • Having trouble with fix for worm, need help fast
    ... >the worm from an infected computer. ... they should have detailed instructions to remove ... >>through safe mode with networking ofcourse. ... >>because I'm pretty sure my connection is going to mess ...
    (microsoft.public.win2000.security)
  • Re: Sinkin Virus, Windows XP, more problems
    ... Inability to connect to PPPoE connections from limited user accounts is ... by design and that scrolling of file names in safe mode boot is normal. ... > established local connection from new XP users accounts. ...
    (microsoft.public.security.virus)