Re: How to Copy EFS(encrypted) Files....

Hi,

If you have EFS protected file and you decide to copy it the file will first
be decrypted (you actually have to have the private keys to decrypt the file
if you want to copy it). Once the file is decrypted in memory it will be
copied in "clear text" over the network. What happens now depends on the
setting on the server. If the server is NTFS formatted and has EFS attribute
set on the destination folder the file will be re-encrypted.

As Paul pointed out you can use WebDAV and copy EFS encrypted file over the
network in encrypted state.

--
Mike
Microsoft MVP - Windows Security