MS04-028 Fails Error 1335.

Hello. I am having a problem installing the MS04-028 patch. I checked
the log and it says the following:

Error 1335.The cabinet file 'PCW_CAB_NDP' required for this
installation is corrupt and cannot be used. This could indicate a
network error, an error reading from the CD-ROM, or a problem with this
package.

I have tried to install via SMS as well as downloading to local HD and
runing from there. Still NG. Also, the event log shows the following:

Source: MsiInstaller Event Id: 1024
Product: Microsoft .NET Framework 1.1 - Update
'{738B5D5A-253B-4F2D-BA88-E81508DE71E3}' could not be installed. Error
code 1603. Windows Installer can create logs to help troubleshoot
issues with installing software packages. Use the following link for
instructions on turning on logging support:

AND,

Source: MsiInstaller Event ID: 11335
Product: Microsoft .NET Framework 1.1 -- Error 1335.The cabinet file
'PCW_CAB_NDP' required for this installation is corrupt and cannot be
used. This could indicate a network error, an error reading from the
CD-ROM, or a problem with this package.

Of course the links provided go absolutely no place and MS has no info.
that I can find relating to this.

HELP!!!!

  • Re: corrupted profiles and much more
    ... contacted HP Support directly about these problems? ... the machine did not come with Vista SP1 preinstalled)? ... issues started right after installing that update, ...
    (microsoft.public.security)
  • Re: corrupted profiles and much more
    ... crossposted it to Windows Update newsgroup) but it must've gotten lost in the ether because it hasn't appeared. ... I'd recommend either contacting HP Support or Microsoft Vista SP1 Support, ... issues started right after installing that update, ...
    (microsoft.public.security)
  • Re: icw not found. Networking will not install
    ... What "networking components" exactly did you uninstall and how are you ... The uninstall was successful but now we cannot get the package to ... encountered an unexpected error installing this package. ... see Help and Support Center at ...
    (microsoft.public.windows.server.sbs)
  • Re: icw not found. Networking will not install
    ... We were uninstalling them through the Add/Remove Programs. ... The uninstall was successful but now we cannot get the package to ... encountered an unexpected error installing this package. ... see Help and Support Center at ...
    (microsoft.public.windows.server.sbs)
  • Re: Error 372 - Failed to load control from
    ... may I know whether you are launching the VB6 app in Windows ... After installing an application to a Vista machine the following error is ... If the UAC was turned off and a member of the Admin group had attempted to ... Microsoft Online Community Support ...
    (microsoft.public.vb.bugs)