Re: XP internet security broken

From: Lionel Fourquaux (use-reply-to_at_no-spam.invalid)
Date: 11/27/05

Date: Sun, 27 Nov 2005 23:48:00 +0100

"c. mavison" <big_red_dog99@hotmail.co.uk> a écrit dans le message de news:
44C79A0D-0A32-4984-B1E6-61A54F18A341@microsoft.com...
>I currently have a problem with my xp home edition - any attempt to
> connect to a secure site requiring SSL authentication does not work - and
> produces the "server not found" type of error, but browsing on
> non-secure sites works. Up until recently, this was working fine, and
> to the best of my knowledge, there have been no configuration changes
> on my machine.

> Any suggestions, as to how to track down and fix the issue (other than
> performing a full restore) would be very gratefully recieved.

There are many things that could cause such a problem. You'll probably need
to give much more information before people here can pinpoint the problem.

One test you can try is to check whether you can access websites on
non-standard ports, e.g. http://pgp.mit.edu:11371/ .

Hope this helps.

--
  Lionel Fourquaux