Re: I need a system the U.S. government cannot 'hack'

From: Imhotep (Imhotep_at_nospam.net)
Date: 11/20/05

Date: Sun, 20 Nov 2005 01:58:00 -0500

Roger Abell [MVP] wrote:

> "Imhotep" <Imhotep@nospam.net> wrote in message
>> Roger Abell [MVP] wrote:
>>
>>> Excuse me, but were databases not developed in order
>>> to deal with what was otherwise piles and file cabinets
>>> full of paper ???
>>>
>>> Can I assume that you have taken into account all the issues
>>> existing in the various forms of government as discussed in
>>> Aristotle's Treatise on Government,
>>> http://www.literaturepage.com/read/treatiseongovernment-109.html
>>> but also in his Politics
>>> http://classics.mit.edu/Aristotle/politics.4.four.html
>>> and exercised in his Rhetoric, etc. and then tempered this with
>>> Socrate's observations such as in Plato's The Laws ??
>>>
>>> I would conjecture that the computer system safe from all
>>> external agents is the one locked inside of an EMF shielded
>>> room with no connections to the outer world including for
>>> external power source.
>>> At that point, the choice of OS is fairly immaterial.
>>>

>>> "Proprietor_PER_Ltd" <Proprietor_PER_Ltd@discussions.microsoft.com>
>>> wrote in message
>>

>> ....hum...someone minored in philosophy...
>>
> - majored actually - my first bachelor's - minors were Greek
> and mathematics on that one :)

...I recognized the literature. I minored in philosophy and mathematics and
majored in Computer Science....

Im

Relevant Pages

  • Re: Are recursive functions computable?
    ... Alonzo Church’s JSL Reviews ... Logistic and Philosophy. ... Die Widerspruchsfreiheit der Stufenlogik. ... The Development of Intuitionistic Mathematics. ...
    (sci.math)
  • Re: Jechs Set Theory
    ... learning some mathematics, as the mathematics (during this phase of my ... studies) is of more interest to me than is philosophy of mathematics. ... clear mathematical assertions themselves. ... set theory done by a formalist is ...
    (sci.math)
  • a philosophy/religion of mathematics
    ... non-numerological mathematical philosophy, his statement is ... mathematics is the only subject that fundamentally ... Pythagoras is said to have started a secret society (his philosophy was ... The Illuminati are writing articles about Illumination, ...
    (sci.math)
  • Re: Whats the name for this?
    ... > EN> We have a philosophy of mathematics whether we want to or not, ... > EN> and Platonism produces bugs because of its demand that everything ... >> infinity of proofs that there is a connection between Plato and CS. ... Whatever "encyclopedias of philosophy" or cheat sheets you are reading ...
    (comp.programming)
  • Re: Cerberus and Quine
    ... >> to conform to common sense, ... >> The true philosophy of mathematics ... is not true as it stands, but there is indeed some objective truth to ...
    (sci.physics)