Re: Unable to install Anti Spyware Beta

From: Tom Pepper Willett (tompepper_at_mvps.invalid)
Date: 10/29/05

Date: Sat, 29 Oct 2005 07:06:09 -0500

You will need to contact Dell.

Tom
"tomhop" <tomhop@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
news:268DAC02-0850-45F0-B6A2-A61634B56FDF@microsoft.com...
| The copy of Windows XP came with the computer when I bought it from Dell,
so
| I don't think it's an illegal copy/license. It won't activate
nevertheless, I
| have recently had a new motherboard fitted by Dell due to hardware errors
| (prompting the reinstall of Windows) and wondered whether there's some
kind
| of conflict there? If the hardware has been significantly changed, could
it
| be that the Windows copy is treating it as a new computer and that the
| Windows copy has already been activated previously on "another" computer,
| i.e. mine before motherboard replacement?
|
| Is there anything I can do to check/resolve this?

Relevant Pages

  • Re: xp wont validate
    ... Sorry jt3 but I bought the software all by itself. ... the local make to order places and bought a genuine Windows 98 cd with a ... OK - if it is a retail version of XP, then your primary support comes from ... Microsoft, not Dell. ...
    (microsoft.public.windowsupdate)
  • Re: Winntsys32configsystemCED Error
    ... For all intents and purposes it's almost identical to a Genuine Microsoft cd, except that it only works on Dell computers. ... You are on the right track, check the boot order in the BIOS and then try to boot the computer with the cd and see if you can get to the setup screen where you get the option to install or repair Windows. ... I thought the first thing that I would do is to access the BIOS and see what drive is bootable first and then either use the CD or the setup disks accordingly. ...
    (microsoft.public.win2000.general)
  • Re: Interesting Buying Experience with Dell
    ... from Dell in the past I decided on a desktop particularly the ... from newegg and install it myself. ... have to remove the video card. ... will need to install Windows 7 Pro or Ultimate. ...
    (alt.sys.pc-clone.dell)
  • Re: Computer Infected:
    ... Microsoft Windows XP Home Edition ... Dell Application – Backup Dell installed programs, ... SeagateDisk Utility ... You do NOT want to do a Repair or Recovery install. ...
    (microsoft.public.windowsxp.general)
  • Re: DVD drives
    ... trying to reinstall Windows and I have to boot to the disk, ... of trying to find a good cheap new comp...Well, the Old otiplex dell ... It is a Acer ASPIRE..I bought IT instead of the windows 7 ready e- ...
    (rec.games.computer.ultima.dragons)