Password Protect Network Share???

From: news.microsoft.com (bechtj_at_co.delaware.pa.us)
Date: 10/25/05

Date: Tue, 25 Oct 2005 17:09:31 -0400

I want to be able to Password Protect a Network Share. Even a third party
program would work. It is on a Nt Server. I want to be able for them to map
the drive and see everything in it, including the folder that is password
protected. If they click on that particular folder it will prompt them for a
password and if they enter it right they can get into that folder. Anyone
know any programs?

Relevant Pages

  • Re: Password Protection
    ... You need to lock your computer when you leave it. ... keyboards that you can do that by pressing a couple keys or create a ... > means via WK2 or XP, or any other Windows platform, to password protect ... > folder one one user likes, such that the folder is ONLY available when ...
  • Re: Password Protect Folders
    ... EFS is not password protection, ... not just an XP feature, but Win2k and Server 2003. ... > With XP you can use Encryption to put a password on the folder. ... > using Win2k I was able to password protect certain folders ...
    (microsoft.public.win2000.security)
  • Re: For the experts only!
    ... that's why I said disregard my suggestion to password protect it "if" it is in the _private ... is his _private folder supposed to be browsable? ... "Steve Easton" wrote in message ... |> as "permissions" don't publish when you publish your web. ...
    (microsoft.public.frontpage.client)
  • Re: How to password protect just one folder
    ... I have tried Winzipping the file and it's ... unzipping it. ... password protected folder. ... want to password protect this folder. ...
    (microsoft.public.windowsxp.basics)
  • Re: Password Protect Folder
    ... of explicitly assigning file/folder permissions to individual users ... HOW TO Set, View, Change, or Remove File and Folder Permissions ... HOW TO Set the My Documents Folder as Private in Windows XP ... A co-worker would like to password protect some ...