Re: 10 freaking critical patches today!!!

From: Imhotep (Imhotep_at_nospam.net)
Date: 10/14/05

Date: Thu, 13 Oct 2005 18:54:42 -0400

William Stacey [MVP] wrote:

>> Unfortunately, in reality, the overall company strategy and ethos affects
>> EVERYTHING, and that's why Windows Vista's main focus is on the
>> alpha-blending from one window to the next, instead of writing a solid
>> multi-user, multi-tasking, enterprise-grade, standards-based operating
>> system, where security has been designed "from the ground up".
>
> What facts do have to back that up. Don't list some slash dot post. Do
> you even know what base bits they are using for Visa?
>
>> Putting a silly pop-up in the middle of the screen saying "some files can
>> harm your computer", is _not_ security! Security should be transparent to
>> the end user, just like with Mozilla. The only thing "transparent" in
>> Windows Vista is the alpha-blended, botched up Avalon layer.
>
> blah...blah...
>
>> Instead of a flagship o/s with the attributes above, we have the same
>> bungling DLLs, same lacklustre attitude to network security, same focus
>> on single-user GUI, same fatally-flawed Internet Explorer. Hell you'd
>> think after two years of work from the biggest, most highly paid team in
>> the industry, that they'd be able to write a glorified HTML rendering
>> surface without it being full of security holes!
>
> Again your just waxing on without any facts. Little did you know the
> network stack has been completly rewritten for Vista, and the driver
> model, and the IO manager has been reworked, and the native API, and the
> 64 bit os, and the gui is not single user, and on and on...

hummmm the "new" IP stack???? Where did it come from??? BSD maybe??? Again,
all of the things you listed should have been done years ago and a
maintenance. BFD!!! What about IE7 coming? Let's talk about that. MS is not
even going to try to have it pass the acid2 test...let's talk about Vista
and so called "trusted computing"....really do you want to go there????

Imhotep

Relevant Pages

  • Re: 20 Things You Wont Like About Vista
    ... Come, on, Maccies, where are your FACTS? ... Should be no problem with Intel iMacs, since the Vista readiness tools inform ... Windows user account settings are found in the Control Panel. ... Console (first opportunity installer gives you to Repair, not second one), ...
    (comp.sys.mac.advocacy)
  • Re: 20 Things You Wont Like About Vista
    ... Like all things which are labeled "subjective assessments of the author", this is a COMPLETELY PERSONAL OPINION, and is NOT based on any FACTS in evidence. ... Should be no problem with Intel iMacs, since the Vista readiness tools inform me that my Intel iMac w/2GB memory is perfectly compatible with ALL editions of Vista, including the Ultimate Edition, which it recommends I use. ... Windows user account settings are found in the Control Panel. ... In XP, it is possible to boot using the Boot disk and start the Repair Console (first opportunity installer gives you to Repair, not second one), from which to change Admin password if needed. ...
    (comp.sys.mac.advocacy)
  • Re: What you can get with Windows that you cant get with Ubuntu
    ... What you can get with Windows that you can't get with Ubuntu? ... I guess I could try to skin it to look like Vista ... The facts are there and you ignore them. ...
  • Re: What you can get with Windows that you cant get with Ubuntu
    ... What you can get with Windows that you can't get with Ubuntu? ... I guess I could try to skin it to look like Vista ... The facts are there and you ignore them. ...
  • Re: Tiger...yet again
    ... and both back seat windows were broken out. ... The officer said that Woods was at first unresponsive, ... the "facts" may be whatever one wants the facts to be. ... then ran ofter him with the golf club. ...
    (misc.news.internet.discuss)