Your opinion on segmentation (perimeter network)

From: Marlon Brown (nomail_at_brown.com)
Date: 10/04/05

Date: Tue, 4 Oct 2005 09:56:42 -0700

I will create a "perimeter-domain", a network specified in a 3-leg ISA 2004
server. Such perimeter-domain network will house Sharepoint servers, SQL
servers, domain controllers (with a one-way trust to my corporate server).

Question is this, since I will put substantial number of servers in such
perimeter-domain network, do you think it is a good idea and more solid if I
create additional networks to separate DC's, SQL server from front-end
servers there ? I mean, I would need to dedicate a router connected to such
ISA-NIC and create additional networks. Please let me know what you think
how important such segmentation efforts would be.

Relevant Pages

  • Re: Dcidag errors
    ... Port blockage between servers ... Other sorts of networking issues (lack of connectivity between the points ... These errors are typically a result of a network connectivity issue of some ... > replicating this nc. ...
  • Re: I need Job Blobb
    ... > Windows and Network administratation. ... > In a job I would like to administrate servers, ... > Title: ISP Network Administrator ... > o Building, installation, configuration and tuning ...
    (microsoft.public.cert.exam.mcse)
  • Re: I need Job Blobb
    ... > Windows and Network administratation. ... > In a job I would like to administrate servers, ... > Title: ISP Network Administrator ... > o Building, installation, configuration and tuning ...
    (microsoft.public.cert.exam.mcse)
  • Re: A question about capacity planning and scalability [2]...
    ... and this will be modeled as a Jackson network like this: ... We know for an M/M/c queue that: ... try to add servers with almost the same hardware ...
    (comp.programming.threads)
  • Event Viewer Networking Connectivity
    ... What we need is a very solid working network. ... Here's what lead up to this scenario of BDC replacement. ... On the corporate side I can see our servers. ... Registration of the DNS record ...