Re: BT Voyager 2100 router and CISCO VPN

From: Steven L Umbach (n9rou_at_n0-spam-for-me-comcast.net)
Date: 10/04/05

Date: Tue, 4 Oct 2005 11:28:43 -0500

Wow. That sure is a helpful vendor. I am not familiar with the device but
maybe they have a website with a FAQ? The routers I have used or seen all
have a setting to enable/disable pptp [GRE] and ipsec passthrough. All I can
suggest is to try tweaking the MTU down towards 1400 in a couple of steps to
see if that makes a difference. If you do not make any progress I would buy
a new router as they are fairly inexpensive these days though I understand
how reluctant we all are to discard something we have already paid for but I
have done it myself on more than a couple occasions. Try doing a hard reset
on it also but be sure to jot down your settings, password if used, etc
first. There usually is a switch you can access in a small hole with a pin
or paper clip end to hold down to do a hard reset. --- Steve