multiple partitions are safer in virus infection?

strutsng_at_gmail.com
Date: 09/27/05

Date: 27 Sep 2005 13:07:28 -0700

In terms of virus infection, having multiple partitions
are safer than single partition?

For example, if the machine has drive C, D, and E.
Drive C is the windows operating system, and drive D and E are
data files drives. If drive C is infected, will it infect
drive D and E also?

Please advise. thanks!!

Relevant Pages

  • Re: Invisible jpg, avi files
    ... My sons computer is loadet with lots of his pictures in jpg-fileformat. ... got the antivirus2009 infection and since that day he can´t see his files ... Grab the data with Knoppix. ... You will need a computer with two cd drives, ...
    (microsoft.public.security.virus)
  • Re: Sasser Worm on Windows 2000
    ... Well it sure sounds like an infection from your description with the reboots and ... Partitioning the hard drive is also ... Ghost image and then I periodically create a current image. ... > to utilize partitions when my drives are rebuilt. ...
    (microsoft.public.win2000.security)
  • Re: [AntiVirus + Ubuntu] was - Re: And another Ubuntu convert!
    ... and attack the computer system. ... such an attack will in all ... infection windows of time where a new worm or threat is released and you ... drives without getting a new drive, and other people have your stuff! ...
    (Ubuntu)
  • Re: Windows tools disappearing
    ... Most of the major anti-virus/spyware programs will help you to remove an infection that their software did not detrect. ... Also when I open "My Computer" It takes a long time to find my drives. ... I wish there were a way to reinstall windows but not have to reinstall all the programs and settings. ... I recommend making a separate post for each issue. ...
  • Update: Maxtor drives contain password-stealing Trojans
    ... Seagate confirms infection during drive assembly, but says no indication of spying by Chinese authorities ... November 12, 2007 Seagate Technology LLC has shipped Maxtor disk drives that contain Trojan horses that upload data to a pair of Chinese Web sites, the Taiwanese government's security service warned this weekend. ...
    (soc.retirement)