Re: should administrator lock pages in memory?

From: Steven L Umbach (n9rou_at_nospam-comcast.net)
Date: 09/19/05

    Date: Sun, 18 Sep 2005 20:42:00 -0500

    I would leave it a defined with no users which is what the Threats and
    Countermeasures Guide for Windows 2003 and XP from Microsoft Recommends. I
    can't think of a reason why the Security Guide would recommend that
    administrators be defined. --- Steve

    "Frank" <Frank@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
    > Dear, all.
    >
    > Windows 2003 default setting, nobody could lock pages in memory. But in
    > microsoft recommend in high security organization, should define
    > administrator have this right. Could you tell me the reason?
    >
    > Thanks.
    > Frank

    • Re: Need more memory
      ... > A slight correction, or perhaps this is what you meant... ... > 64 MB is the minimum for Windows XP. ... > But Microsoft recommends at least 128 MB. ... Prev by Date: ...
      (alt.sys.pc-clone.dell)
    • Re: *Eigene Dateien" im Arbeitsplatz
      ... > "Therefore, if you are not severely affected by this problem, ... > Microsoft recommends that you wait for the next Windows XP service ... Homepage: http://www.jasik.de Windows Hilfe Seite ...
      (microsoft.public.de.german.windowsxp.sonstiges)
    • Re: Slipstreamer
      ... I am not sure Microsoft recommends any slipstreaming software, ... > Windows XP Troubleshooting ... >>> Windows XP Troubleshooting ...