Re: Anyone know any free SSL hosting?

From: Nicholas (nick_at_savalas.tv)
Date: 08/31/05

Date: 31 Aug 2005 01:10:48 -0700

Galen wrote:
> MSN Search didn't turn any up. If PayPal already has a secure server and the
> transaction takes place on their server why would you want the added
> expense? What would be the benefit?
>
> Galen

Galen: the hosting of content (images, media, etc.) in ssl guarantees a
secure page without the pre-load browser security warning about
multiple security levels of content on a page. that is just one reason.
others include stopping hackers from finding leaks by following non-ssl
includes, preventing content theft, logging issues, and visitor trust.
thats just a partial list of benefits.

Nicholas Savalas - http://savalas.tv - nick@savalas.tv

Relevant Pages

  • Re: Anyone know any free SSL hosting?
    ... >>MSN Search didn't turn any up. ... If PayPal already has a secure server and the ... >>transaction takes place on their server why would you want the added ... > secure page without the pre-load browser security warning about ...
    (microsoft.public.security)
  • Re: Anyone know any free SSL hosting?
    ... My reply is at the bottom of your sent message: ... > pictures for PayPal? ... MSN Search didn't turn any up. ... If PayPal already has a secure server and the ...
    (microsoft.public.security)