Re: Deny access to certain IP address

From: Craig B (CraigB_at_discussions.microsoft.com)
Date: 08/30/05

Date: Tue, 30 Aug 2005 10:00:02 -0700

It's a long story but basically I work in the real world where everything
isn't always the perfect MS way. Permissions will not work.

I will look for other methods

"Phillip Windell" wrote:

> That is the wrong approach. You should be controlling access based on who
> the user is,...not what thier IP# happens to be. what do you mean by
> "Permissions won't work at this point"? There is no reason permissions
> shouldn't work.
>
> --
> Phillip Windell [MCP, MVP, CCNA]
> www.wandtv.com
> Understanding the ISA 2004 Access Rule Processing
> http://www.isaserver.org/articles/ISA2004_AccessRules.html
>
> Microsoft Internet Security & Acceleration Server: Guidance
> http://www.microsoft.com/isaserver/techinfo/Guidance/2004.asp
> http://www.microsoft.com/isaserver/techinfo/Guidance/2000.asp
>
> Microsoft Internet Security & Acceleration Server: Partners
> http://www.microsoft.com/isaserver/partners/default.asp
>

> "Craig B" <CraigB@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > How would you go about denying access to various 2000/2003 servers to one
> > specfic IP address?
> >
> > I know how to block at my firewall but a internal user is inside and I
> need
> > to block his access to various servers. Permissions won't work at this
> point
> > I used DHCP to lock his pc to a certain IP address and now I want to block
> > this ip address access to various servers.
> >
> > Thanks

Relevant Pages

  • Re: Error "The system cannot find the file specified" on files
    ... I will see if my customer can do this for me as I cannot easily get physical ... both of these servers are domain controllers. ... command line utilities and GUI tools, tried to set permissions. ... Security tab in Windows Explorer doesn't appear. ...
    (microsoft.public.windows.file_system)
  • Re: Cant Mount Public Store
    ... Edit to the Exchange Domain Servers group to the servers that own the public ... This sounds like a permissions problem. ...
    (microsoft.public.exchange.setup)
  • Cant Mount the Public Store
    ... Edit to the Exchange Domain Servers group to the servers that own the public ... This sounds like a permissions problem. ...
    (microsoft.public.exchange.admin)
  • Re: Testing configurations
    ... Let say you are using shares. ... Read" then Any user will have read permissions while if DC2 share only has ... > Users are created on both servers. ... >> Microsoft MVP - Windows Security ...
  • Re: What built in group will allow users to restart services on a
    ... You need to either use a utility like NTrights from the reskit, ... > Is ther another place to add permissions for them. ... >> large farms of servers needing this change. ... >>> We have a help desk that from time to time needs access to restart ...
    (microsoft.public.win2000.security)