Re: Installing two different VPN Clients

From: Michael Bednarek (ROT13-zo_at_zorqanerx.pbz)
Date: 08/27/05

    Date: Sat, 27 Aug 2005 16:18:51 +1000

    On Thu, 25 Aug 2005 05:46:33 -0700, "msbutton27"
    <msbutton27@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in
    microsoft.public.security:

    >I have two VPN software applications, I can not have the two of them
    >installed at the same time, only individually, therefore uninstalling one,
    >and installing the other when needed.
    [snip]

    I have a similiar situation where I need a Cisco VPN to connect to one
    office, and Checkpoint to connect to another. I have two simple
    batchfiles to switch between them. They simply stop/start the relevant
    services - both clients are installed.

    Use Checkpoint:
      :: Stop Cisco Service
      Net Stop cvpnd

      :: Start Checkpoint
      Net Start SR_Watchdog

    Use Cisco:
      :: Stop Checkpoint
      Net Stop SR_Service
      Net Stop SR_Watchdog

      :: Start Cisco Service
      Net Start cvpnd

    My normal baseline is the Cisco VPN, which means that cvpnd is set to
    start Automatically, and the two Checkpoint services (SR_Watchdog,
    SR_Service) are set to Manual.

    --
    Michael Bednarek   http://mbednarek.com/   "POST NO BILLS"