RE: Disable shutdown option

From: WarOfGenesis (WarOfGenesis_at_discussions.microsoft.com)
Date: 08/24/05

Date: Wed, 24 Aug 2005 12:34:01 -0700

get xp power toys, look online for it or xp

"RobJaudon" wrote:

> I need to find a way to disable the shutdown option when a user clicks Start,
> shutdown, shutdown computer. On our old NT machines we were able to change
> modify the reboot option to restart the computer. This is what I would like
> to accomplish with XP PS2.
>
> ANy help would be great.
>
> I have found the followiing link
> http://www.winguides.com/registry/display.php/146/
>
> but this removes the shutdown button completely from the start menu.
> Ideally I would like to modify the shutdown option to just reboot the
> workstation.
>
> Thanks for the help,
> Rob

Relevant Pages

  • Blue Screen SP2
    ... Just installed SP2 - now on shutdown computer closes down ... the boot button it restarts resets etc and then when I ... A bit like hangovers - if you never stop ...
    (microsoft.public.windowsxp.general)
  • RE: Disable shutdown option
    ... >> I need to find a way to disable the shutdown option when a user clicks Start, ... >> modify the reboot option to restart the computer. ...
    (microsoft.public.security)
  • Disable shutdown option
    ... I need to find a way to disable the shutdown option when a user clicks Start, ... shutdown, shutdown computer. ... modify the reboot option to restart the computer. ...
    (microsoft.public.security)
  • Re: FreeBSD 6.1 & 6.2 hanging and/or spontaneous rebooting
    ... You issue the command "shutdown -p now". ... that has apm or acpi, ... I've tried that, but it didn't power off, just got to the halted step. ... about issuing the "Shutdown computer" from KDE logout? ...
    (freebsd-questions)
  • Re: A8N shutdown temprature
    ... In case you need it - under XP to execute a shutdown from the command line: ... to shutdown computer XX ...
    (alt.comp.periphs.mainboard.asus)