Re: determine process space

From: Steven L Umbach (n9rou_at_nospam-comcast.net)
Date: 08/23/05

Date: Tue, 23 Aug 2005 15:11:11 -0500

You can use Task Manager which is built into Windows 2000/2003/XP to see
running processes and the username but you may have to configure it to show
all use names. Task Manager can also kill a process or the process tree.
Normally a service does not run as a user unless you have configured it to
do so. ---- Steve

"chupper" <cehupper@gmail.com> wrote in message
> Hi, can anyone tell me how to determine if a process is system or user?
> Essentially I want to be able to terminate processes running as some
> user, except system type processes, such as services, that may be
> running as that user.
>
> Thanks.

Relevant Pages

  • Log In Accounts - how to delete when theyre not there
    ... to set up Task Scheduler it asked me for my username and password. ... And I couldn't progress with Task Manager. ... Obviously there is something there that Windows is looking at. ...
    (microsoft.public.windowsxp.general)
  • Re: DirectDBNotifyWndProc
    ... If you believe the issue is caused by HP's task manager, try uninstalling it or disbaling it if you can to see if it clears it up. ... I really wonder if anybody got irritated by my comments on Windows Defender ... Whenever it runs at the taskbar, ... Upon connection the PopUp window that says "Connected to xxx ...
    (microsoft.public.windowsxp.general)
  • Re: Shut down in Task Manager
    ... If using Classic Logon the Task Manager will not show the Shut Down menu. ... MS-MVP Windows Shell/User ... MD FACS hunted and pecked: ...
  • Re: looking for logfile of programs that were started during system start - confusion with inter
    ... You didn't mention your Windows version, ... tools and utilities that are not included by default in the Home edition. ... I just tried Start> Run> msconfig ... Generally speaking the start order in Task Manager is from the bottom up, ...
  • Re: Task manager window - problem
    ... Task Manager Shut Down disabled ... [[Prevents users from shutting down or restarting Windows. ... Determines whether the Shutdown button in the Log On to Windows dialog box ... Operating system is of course Windows XP sp2 - if you know something ...
    (microsoft.public.windowsxp.general)