EFS Errors

From: LarMan (LarMan_at_discussions.microsoft.com)
Date: 08/17/05

Date: Tue, 16 Aug 2005 15:15:03 -0700

Hello, I have been encrypting fine until about 1 week ago. For various
reasons I stopped and disabled DFS on the AD server. Then my EFS went nuts
so I turned it back on but I am still getting errors about encryting files.
The errors are 1058 and 1030 as well as the EFS 6028. I have renewed certs
and delete all and requested new certs, nothing is working. I looked for the
dfsenable in the registry key MUP but did not find one and am hestitant to
add one. I am able to encrypt on the server but noone is able to encrypt on
the workstation. Any help would be much appreciated.

Relevant Pages

  • Re: Folder Redirection Data Encryption
    ... user profile on that server and either encrypt a file there to generate a encryption ... encrypt a file on it creating a EFS certificate/private key in that profile. ...
    (microsoft.public.win2000.networking)
  • Re: Folder Redirection Data Encryption
    ... >First the remote server must be trusted for delegation ... >certificate/private key or import your existing one into ... >encrypt a file on it creating a EFS certificate/private ...
    (microsoft.public.win2000.networking)
  • Re: remote DEcryption problem
    ... > 1)- Where is the shared folder located, i.e., on a domain ... If just a server, you have to ... This will provide a central store for all EFS ... >>encrypt file on the server by a domain client. ...
    (microsoft.public.win2000.security)
  • Re: EFS network folders
    ... EFS was introduced to prevent abuse from unauthorized access to stolen hard ... So I thought that enabling EFS on a folder would encrypt contents making ... >> folder on server, from the workstation, to encrypted status. ...
    (microsoft.public.win2000.security)
  • Re: EFS and multiple users
    ... Let say I encrypt a file on my PC. ... Now I have to copy it to the server ... Files will usually inherit parent folder settings (permissions, EFS ...
    (microsoft.public.win2000.security)