Re: spyware doctor-Is their deception

From: PA Bear (PABearMVP_at_gmail.com)
Date: 08/15/05

    Date: Mon, 15 Aug 2005 02:51:34 -0400

    IIRC you can install Spyware Doctor http://www.pctools.com/spyware-doctor/
    as freeware but to receive updated definitions you'll have to pay for it.

    --
    ~Robear Dyer (PA Bear)
    MR wrote:
    > Spyware Doctor 3.2
    > Hi, I read the reviews and popularity of this program @ download.com. I
    > use others spyware rem. programs as well, but thought of trying this FREE
    > one on another persons pc as a favor that needs some cleaning up; so as
    > to get another opinion. It said FREE  and the reviews seemed good, even
    > by the download.com site.
    > But, I am worried about this. I happened to see ,at majorgeeks, the same
    > (3.2) version & is listed as shareware @ $29.95. But at DL.com, shareware,
    > price, etc was NOT even listed on their download site. In the description
    > of product, all I saw was 'FREE ' in the license part. Is this deception??
    > I believe the way it works is you have to register the product and get a
    > code via email and then take it from there; then maybe pay up front for
    > program.   Am I going to get billed somehow. NO, I did not give them any
    > credit card, email, etc. NOthing. So they dont have info on me (that I
    > know of). I want to just uninstall it now for fear that I will get billed
    > later. Should I worry about this?  I have never downloaded a shareware
    > program so I dont know how they bill or get charged etc? ANyone use the
    > so called free version without 'strings'. Or is there no such thing as I
    > might guess here. Hope u can help.thanx

    • Re: I need a help with two trojan AGENT.XJ e GROMP
      ... | "I scanned my PC with Spyware doctor free licence" (scanning only). ... | If you want to remove them you have to pay. ... Did you deliberately install this 'Spyware doctor'? ...
      (alt.comp.anti-virus)
    • spyware doctor-Is their deception
      ... Spyware Doctor 3.2 ... I read the reviews and popularity of this program @ download.com. ... Am I going to get billed somehow. ... So they dont have info on me (that I know ...
      (microsoft.public.security)
    • Re: Virus woes
      ... Go to www.avast.com and download the free edition. ... Run it and cleanse with ... You probably need to use Spyware doctor and pay for it but it does the ...
      (uk.comp.homebuilt)
    • Re: Bastard spammers
      ... point of formatting my HD and reinstalling Windows. ... I resented having to pay for Spyware Doctor and find it runs too slowly. ...
      (uk.legal)