RE: StoredProc : an array as parameter ?

From: joshef savona (savona_at_discussions.microsoft.com)
Date: 08/12/05

    Date: Thu, 11 Aug 2005 15:16:01 -0700

    pic

    "bajopalabra" wrote:

    > how can i call an stored proc
    > passing an array as parameter ?
    >
    > how can i do something like this ?...
    >
    > create procedure my_sp
    > @array ...
    > as
    > select *
    > from table
    > where field IN ( @array )
    >
    > i was thinking in creating a table "tmp"
    > and fill it with the parameters....
    > begin tran
    > insert into tmp values ( aaa )
    > insert into tmp values ( ... )
    > insert into tmp values ( zzz )
    > exec my_sp
    > commit tran
    >
    > ( it's cursi, i know.... )
    >
    > --
    > atte, HernĂ¡n

    • StoredProc: an array as parameter ?
      ... passing an array as parameter? ... i was thinking in creating a table "tmp" ...
      (microsoft.public.sqlserver.security)
    • StoredProc : an array as parameter ?
      ... passing an array as parameter? ... i was thinking in creating a table "tmp" ...
      (microsoft.public.security)
    • Re: improving my code: array of references
      ... are you assigning its return value to the scalar passed as a parameter? ... I think the issue is what you mean by "modifies". ... Either you should be using a array from the beginning, ... big I am going to be passing around lots of data. ...
      (perl.beginners)
    • Re: 3rd and Final Post OCX Design Question
      ... whether there would be any difference in speed hit by creating the array on ... the client and passing a reference to the array or passing the picture and ... >> What is the difference between passing a picture as IPictureDisp as ... > the reference to the object. ...
    • Re: Proper use of delegates.
      ... the compiler will do it for you as long what you're passing doesn't look like an objectto the compiler. ... But any time you don't need to pass an array of parameters, yes...you could explicitly do the cast just to make sure that the overload you want is the one that's actually used. ... Then, what you're passing is always an object, with some number of elements equal to the number of parameters for the method. ...