Re: Anonymous (NULL user) access to a Share

From: blnkdrckrn (blnkdrckrn.1t0x8z_at_mail.webservertalk.com)
Date: 07/31/05

    Date: Sat, 30 Jul 2005 22:21:12 -0500

    I didn't thouroughly read this, and I don't have win 2k3, but it sounds
    like this information will be relavent:

    You don't want a guest account for security reasons, but if the reasons
    are the same as mine, then this should work... Enable the guest account,
    then go into Local Security Settings, then Local Policies, then User
    Rights Assignment then add the Guest account to Deny Logon Locally.
    Depending on how secure you need the computer, you may want to restrict
    guest access further in that applet... And since you have win 2k3 the
    names may not be the same, but I assume the feature is still there.

    --
    blnkdrckrn