How to get post SP2 WinXP security updates to get burned in a CD?

From: SammyBar (sammybar_at_gmail.com)
Date: 07/25/05

Date: Mon, 25 Jul 2005 08:55:46 -0500

Hi,
Saturday I installed WinXP on a PC. I connected to the net to get security
updates and immediately the LSASS service got hacked and made restart the
PC. I was less than 5 min connected!.
Some time ago I posted a message asking how to download all the security
patches for Win98 in order to burn them in a CD and apply to a non
connected PC. I was suggested to go to
http://v4.windowsupdate.microsoft.com/catalog/en/default.asp . That worked
fine. But now I want to do the same for a WinXP SP2 system (I mean, download
all critical security updates post SP2) but the results I receive are all
.NET related updates. What is wrong?
How can I get all security patches to burn in a CD?

Thanks in advance
Sammy

Relevant Pages

  • <>
    ... > Microsoft Security Bulletin Advance Notification issued: ... > Microsoft also provides information to help customers prioritize monthly security updates with any non-security, high-priority updates that are being released on the same day as the monthly security updates. ...
    (microsoft.public.windows.server.sbs)
  • Re: Oh Dear, Where to start?!
    ... >experience in the field of network security and policy ... >computer security and policy development. ... >updates, driver updates, and recommended updates. ... >use, passwords, physical security, backup/disaster ...
    (Security-Basics)
  • Re: Cant Display .eml in Outlook Express and Printer Issues
    ... Bitdefender Internet Security '09 - Current ... Which two updates failed to install, ... I am running Bitdefender Internet Security and Prevx 2.0. ...
  • Re: Oh Dear, Where to start?!
    ... >>experience in the field of network security and policy ... >>computer security and policy development. ... >>updates, driver updates, and recommended updates. ... >Evaluating SSL VPNs' Consider NEOTERIS, chosen as leader by top analysts! ...
    (Security-Basics)
  • Re: If *only* windows update wouldnt have worked!
    ... Support for Windows Update: ... for security update support issues, ... support for security updates is available through ... In summary- No http. ...
    (microsoft.public.windowsupdate)