Re: 802.1x Authenticator for Windows ?

From: wireless tester (tester_at_discussions.microsoft.com)
Date: 07/20/05

    Date: Wed, 20 Jul 2005 08:06:27 -0700

    I dont have 802.1x access point , so i thought i could do some testing using
    a software version. I' ve searched the whole google and couldn't find such
    software. Sad..

    btw - Svyatoslav - what is your nationality ?

    "S. Pidgorny <MVP>" wrote:

    > I believe Microsoft supplies that with Windows CE, on which you can build an
    > access point.
    >
    > For likes of XP, situation is diferent. I heard that Lucent Orinoco drivers
    > support access point mode but very unsure that the authenticator is also
    > included. Nothing like hostap suite for Windows. Good development
    > opportunity, heh?
    >
    > What are you trying to accomplish, may I wonder?
    >
    > --
    > Svyatoslav Pidgorny, MS MVP - Security, MCSE
    > -= F1 is the key =-
    >
    > "Wireless Tester" <Wireless Tester@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in
    > message news:CCE1CFCD-0C8D-479A-8C2D-45D24B989B83@microsoft.com...
    > > Hi , anybody knows a tool ( utility ) which can be installed on Windows
    > Box
    > > (equiped with both a wireless 802.11g and Fast Ethernet NICs) and make it
    > (
    > > the windows box ) act as a 802.1x Authenticator ? ( Yes that s right - not
    > > IAS/Radius , not Supplicant , but authenticator )

    • Re: Why Linux will never be mainstream
      ... Should I go grab all the Windows issues from google too? ... Somehow I dont ...
      (alt.os.linux)
    • Re: TCL vs. Perl
      ... Windows has pretty much everything Linux has. ... So you'd google {wget win32}. ... i dont know about OSX, AIX, SUN*. ...
      (comp.lang.tcl)
    • Re: Video editing in Linux?
      ... However most software under linux is either well engineered or has ... >>if the code in linux were as poor as that in windows, ... You dont compiler userspace code for your kernel you ... Quite honestly, NTFS ...
      (alt.linux)
    • Re: Locked memory
      ... or dont know anything about. ... on Windows, and they all run like "a bat out of hell". ... Lets create some bitmap manipulation code, ... Teory in programming counts for NOP. ...
      (alt.lang.asm)
    • Re: Problem with Google
      ... Kent W. England, Microsoft MVP for Windows ... > Are you trying to get to Google? ... > In Windows, open the Notepad program. ... To file a complaint, visit: ...
      (microsoft.public.security.virus)