NT4 workstation in 2003 server domain

From: Afzal (Afzal_at_discussions.microsoft.com)
Date: 07/12/05

Date: Tue, 12 Jul 2005 10:43:01 -0700

I have a 2003 server domain with NT4 and XP pro workstations. i have created
the GPO using the group policy management to restricts users desktop
environment. That GPO enforces on XP but it does apply to the NT4
workstations. Can anyone tell me how can i make it work on NT4. Any help will
be appreciated.

Relevant Pages

  • Moving from NT4 policy to Group Policy
    ... As it may have been noted in other posts I made, we moved from an NT4 policy environment to WS2003 at the start of this year. ... One of the challenges we are facing is inconsistent application of policies and it seems likely this is due to conflict between the NT4 policies which are permanently applied in the registry and Group Policy which works differently. ... which is all documented by MS for non GPO environments as to the values which need to be written in specific keys for the computers to connect to the local updates server. ...
  • Re: NT4 server lockout policy in win2k domain
    ... NT4 doesn't do GPO so no way. ... to unlock accounts after being locked out for 5 minutes. ... There is a NT4 member server with an account lockout policy to forever lock ...
  • Re: registry.pol von Domain nach local übernehmen
    ... Die Zentral IT kommt aus der NT4 Zeit -> nur eine GPO auf der obersten OU ... jetzt weiss ichs: Batch Datei im Autostart ... ... Eine Dokumentation/Schnittstelle zum Scripten der Einstellungen ...
    (microsoft.public.de.german.windowsxp.gruppen.richtlinien)
  • Re: GPO Tatooing
    ... IMO, Tattoo is something that you not remove without some hard work and consequences, the same was true back in NT4 days when using GPO, Tattooing doesn’t apply anymore in earlier systems than NT4. ... What is GPO Tatooing and what is the efects in clients? ...
  • Re: Cancel-safe queue (CSQ) questions wrt Win 2000 and NT4
    ... CSQ has only been tested on Windows 2000 and later and thus officially ... I just did what you say below (adding the code to DriverEntry) and I ... could compiler under win2k build environment. ... Is it possible to use them in drivers for NT4? ...