Re: how to change all domain user account passwords at once

From: Steven L Umbach (n9rou_at_nospam-comcast.net)
Date: 07/08/05

Date: Fri, 8 Jul 2005 10:49:06 -0500

One way is you could create a simple batch file and run it on your domain
controller. Such a batch file could be made with notepad and then name it
something like pwdchg.bat. You would have to logon as a domain administrator
to run such batch file. Just enter lines like net user bob newpassword .

Be sure to test such on a few test use accounts to make sure it works as
expected and always make a backup of your System State of your domain
controller first so you have a rollback plan "just in case" anytime you are
attempting such projects. Regular system state backups are best practice
anyhow.

The above will not change any "local" user acount passwords on domain
computers. If that ever needs to be done you can use the Resource Kit tool
cusrmgr or PsPasswd tool free from SysInternals to create a batch file to do
that.