Small error in "Best Practices for Implementing a MS W2003 PKI"

From: Guillaume (Guillaume_at_discussions.microsoft.com)
Date: 06/30/05

Date: Thu, 30 Jun 2005 06:31:05 -0700

Hi everyone,

Don't know exactly where to post this information, but I thought it would
better to report it. If it really is an error... Otherwise please feel free
to correct me!

In the document "Best practices for implementing a Microsoft Windows Server
2003 PKI" at
"http://www.microsoft.com/technet/prodtechnol/windowsserver2003/technologies/security/ws3pkibp.mspx?pf=true"
In the AIA Publishing properties section, the table that gives the values
seems to be wrong. From the tests I've done, it should read:
- Include in the AIA extension of issued certificates = 2 (instead of 1)
- Include in the online certificate status protocol (OCSP) extension = 32
(instead of 2)
By the way, the right values are used in the sample scripts that follow for
configuring the CAs. That's when I modified the scripts for my own
configuration and wanted to check the values that I found this.

Not much, but it can always help!

Guillaume.

Relevant Pages

  • Configuring Report Server in SQL Server 2005
    ... I'm configuring the Report Manager Virtual ... Directory Settings part of the "Configure Report Server". ... Home Page of the SQL Server Reporting Services. ...
    (microsoft.public.sqlserver.setup)
  • configuring Report Server
    ... I'm configuring the Report Manager Virtual ... Directory Settings part of the "Configure Report Server". ... Home Page of the SQL Server Reporting Services. ...
    (microsoft.public.sqlserver.xml)
  • Re: Small error in "Best Practices for Implementing a MS W2003 PKI"
    ... Microsoft MVP (Windows Server: Security) ... "Guillaume" wrote in message ... the right values are used in the sample scripts that follow ... > configuring the CAs. ...
    (microsoft.public.security)
  • Re: Bug in Hot Keys for Input Languages
    ... So I took a snapshot of the registry before configuring a ... > 1/ Open Registry and go to the key I mentionned above. ... It's best to report bugs directly through the bug reporting page ...
    (microsoft.public.windowsxp.customize)
  • Way to determine if a song is not in a playlist
    ... Is there a way to get a list (report) of songs in the Media Library that have ... Either configuring a custom filed or with a ...
    (microsoft.public.windowsmedia)