Re: firewall

From: Ted Zieglar (teddyz_at_notmail.com)
Date: 06/28/05

Date: Tue, 28 Jun 2005 15:40:03 -0400

If you are under a group policy, the settings for your computer are
controlled by your IT department. They may have installed their own
firewall, which would then disable Windows Firewall.

--
Ted Zieglar
"You can do it if you try."
"ncredeagle" <ncredeagle@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> I am having trouble getting my firewall to enable. Says it's under group
> policy. Can anyone help me?

Relevant Pages

  • Re: File sharing
    ... When you run rsop.msc you will get a report screen showing Group Policy ... connections/Windows Firewall and what settings from what Group Policy. ... setting to accept connections on the local subnet plus connections from my ...
  • Re: Turning off Windows Firewall
    ... Firewall settings in Group Policy Editor are in: ... Administrator action. ... The Resultant Set of Policies feature in the Group Policy Management Console ...
  • Re: XP machine removed from domain still gets domain policy
    ... My test shows that when a computer is removed from a domain (that had a GPO setting the Firewall settings), the Firewall settings revert back to the default and local administrators can change the settings. ... the only Group Policy being applied is the "Local Group Policy" ...
    (microsoft.public.windows.group_policy)
  • Re: XP machine removed from domain still gets domain policy
    ... then turn off the firewall. ... Prohibit use of the Internet Connection Firewall on your DNS domain network? ... Firewall settings), the Firewall settings revert back to the default and ... the only Group Policy being applied is the "Local Group Policy" ...
    (microsoft.public.windows.group_policy)
  • Re: Network Services/NT Authority
    ... OK that is what I though in that you did not change any Group Policy ... settings but instead were managing the Windows Firewall settings and no you ... logon which is normal as your computer really is on a network - the ... ICMP and then the option to reset all the firewall ...