Re: firewall

From: Steven L Umbach (n9rou_at_nospam-comcast.net)
Date: 06/26/05

Date: Sun, 26 Jun 2005 09:49:57 -0500

Look in your documentation or go to the manufacturers website and look up
info for your model. If it mentions "stateful" or SPI firewall then you are
already well protected to unsolicited inbound traffic which is where almost
all the risk is at. FYI also make sure you are using some sort of
encryption. WEP is better then nothing but your really need to change your
key on a regular basis which is hard to define as everyone's situation is
different but I would say at least once a month. WPA is a much more secure
encryption option. However anytime you are using a ssl connection to a https
website you are also protected by that encryption tunnel which is very
strong. --- Steve

http://www.microsoft.com/athome/security/protect/default.mspx --- protect
your PC tips.