Re: Password

From: Shenan Stanley (newshelper_at_gmail.com)
Date: 06/26/05

Date: Sun, 26 Jun 2005 03:30:31 -0500

David242424 wrote:
> I have a coworker that lost his admin password on his home pc.(XP
> Pro) There are no other user profiles on the pc , guest is turned off
> and no PRD.
> So he says that he can't log on. Any way to fix this?

If XP Professional, reboot and press CTRL+ALT+DEL twice in a row - log in as
the user "administrator" and for the password, just press ENTER. (blank
password..) May/may not work..

If you can get logged on as ADMINISTRATOR, simply go in now and change the
other users password to something you will now know.

Other options...

Look here:

and/or try these..
Hack your password:
http://home.eunet.no/~pnordahl/ntpasswd/bootdisk.html

Another Password Hack:
http://www.thomasmathiesen.com/itak/html/software.html

 Search using Google!
 http://www.google.com/
 (How-to: http://www.google.com/intl/en/help/basics.html )

--
Shenan Stanley
     MS-MVP

  • Re: Password get around?
    ... > XP Pro ... the user "administrator" and for the password, ... other users password to something you will now know. ... Another Password Hack: ...
    (microsoft.public.windowsxp.general)
  • Re: Adminstrator Password Change V2
    ... In the right pane, right-click Administrator, and then click Set ... Pro M70 laptop in which I've just reinstalled Win XP Pro SP2 from the ... installed Win XP Pro SP2 from the Toshiba Recovery Disk ... set an Admistrator Password during the installation of XP Pro SP2. ...
    (microsoft.public.windowsxp.general)
  • [Reinstall XP Pro?] Require users to press Ctrl+Alt+Delete Grayed Out
    ... seriously considering reinstalling XP Pro from scratch. ... >>as Administrator (although my account, ... >>control panel to function as normal. ... >>so please direct your response as a reply to this ...
  • Re: "user does not have access privileges"
    ... I do not know what is up with the briefcase behavior, ... but I notice you have Pro, and Pro does allow login ... with Administrator without halting use of the Welcome ...
  • Re: upgrade.
    ... >> I have a friend that purchased XP home and wanted to ... >> upgrade to Pro, does she have to bye an upgrade cd to pro ... entries, Administrator account changes to program security settings, ...
    (microsoft.public.windowsxp.general)