Re: I can't install any Norton's Software

From: Ray B. (RayB_at_discussions.microsoft.com)
Date: 06/25/05

Date: Sat, 25 Jun 2005 09:17:01 -0700

Yep.. I updated yesterday and it still does the same thing. I am going to try
Norton's support, if I can find a live person, and see what they can do for
me. Other than that, I might go with another vendor.

"Shenan Stanley" wrote:

> Ray B. wrote:
> > Thanks for the words. This is a brand new dell 9100. I removed McAfee
> > first thing and disabled the firewall. I get MSIInstaller errors in
> > the Event Log that don't lead me anywhere. There is no error log. It
> > appears to be loading, but after an hour or so on the same file, I
> > can safely assume it has died. I have to quit the process and it
> > tells me it is not responding.
>
> MSI Installer errors.. So are you patched up to date - latest version of the
> MSI Installer?
> http://windowsupdate.microsoft.com/
> Scan for and install all non-hardware updates.
>
> --
> Shenan Stanley
> MS-MVP
> --
> How To Ask Questions The Smart Way

  • Re: Windows UpDate: XP Service Pack 3 / Access Denied / Error 0x80
    ... Seriously--my event log wants an email address. ... "Shenan Stanley" wrote: ... It may be a Trend Micro Virus Scan problem. ... guys recommend them, dont you? ...
    (microsoft.public.windowsupdate)
  • Re: chkdsk log
    ... Shenan Stanley wrote: ... well I feel this is somewhat patronizing. ... could we all here have a straight answer: ... would be the Event Log - Application event log to be precise. ...
    (microsoft.public.windowsxp.general)
  • Re: Windows UpDate: XP Service Pack 3 / Access Denied / Error 0x80
    ... Seriously--my event log wants an email address. ... "Shenan Stanley" wrote: ... It may be a Trend Micro Virus Scan problem. ... guys recommend them, dont you? ...
    (microsoft.public.windowsupdate)
  • UserData Registry Key Missing
    ... I receive the following warning in my Application event log: ... 'OfficeUserData', component '' failed. ... The resource ... the MSI Installer keeps running configuring every ...
    (microsoft.public.office.misc)
  • Re: I cant install any Nortons Software
    ... I removed McAfee ... > first thing and disabled the firewall. ... > the Event Log that don't lead me anywhere. ... MSI Installer errors.. ...
    (microsoft.public.security)