Wireless Access Point Security and Network

From: S Lane (SLane_at_discussions.microsoft.com)
Date: 06/24/05

Date: Fri, 24 Jun 2005 06:14:06 -0700

Sorry if I am posting this in the wrong area. I thought this would be the
best place to ask. I have a Windows 2000 network. What I want to do is
install a wireless access point in the lobby of our business for customers to
use with there wireless devices. I don't want them to be able to see our
network. What is the best way to give them internet access, but not access
to our network? Hopefully there is a way to setup the access point and not
see the network. Any suggestions would be appreciated.

Thanks,

Shawn

Relevant Pages

  • Re: Cant login to new DC
    ... This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, ... No network provider accepted the given network path.. ... Warning: sg0002 is not advertising as a time server. ... We have one windows 2K dc and one windows 2003 currently running in ...
  • Re: Desktop Questions
    ... and then use it as roaming profile for all ... Posting on MS newsgroup will benefit all readers and you may get more help. ... How to Setup Windows, Network, Remote Access on http://www.HowToNetworking.com ...
  • Re: Network Seen, but not accessible
    ... >Have a little problem with Windows XP. ... >my network, but i cannot access them, i keep getting a "You might not ... BTW, Brian, posting your email address openly will get you more unwanted email, ...
  • RE: ConnectComputer error "configuring network settings"
    ... Thank you for posting here. ... try posting this question in Windows XP newsgroup. ... >Notebook computer stopped connecting to the network and browsing the ... When attempting to start windows while connected to the network ...
    (microsoft.public.windows.server.sbs)
  • Re: security effects of adding wireless access
    ... Do not overestimate the issues of network security beyond ... >>that they install a wireless access point. ... >>I can't understand why so few libraries have not installed wireless ...
    (comp.security.firewalls)