Re: Do not have permission to view or edit permission settings for a folder

From: Roger Abell (mvpNOSpam_at_asu.edu)
Date: 06/20/05

Date: Mon, 20 Jun 2005 07:02:07 -0700

replies are elsewhere to the identical question

--
Roger Abell
Microsoft MVP (Windows  Security)
"Dmitry Kopnichev" <kopn@hotbox.ruDELETE> wrote in message
> Thanks for your reply.
> How to make my portable drive accessible to my account only at my work and
> home Windows XP SP2 computers? My work Windows XP SP2 computer is in a
> domain.
> "Roger Abell" <mvpNOSpam@asu.edu> wrote in message
> > You the XP help system for instruction of Take Ownership.
> > This is on the Owner tab in the Security dialog.  When it asks if
> > you would like it to set new permissions also, say yes.
> > You must be an admin while doing this on a system in the install
> > default state.
> >
> > Creator Owner is a place holder that has impact on things not
> > yet created, and will make the creating account have the permissions
> > stated for Creator Owner.
> >
> > --
> > Roger Abell
> > Microsoft MVP (Windows  Security)
> >
> > "Dmitry Kopnichev" <kopn@hotbox.ruDELETE> wrote in message
> >> Hello
> >> I get "You do not have permission to view or edit the current
permission
> >> settings for (folder name), but you can change auditing settings." I
how
> >> regain access to this folder? This happened because I mistakenly
removed
> >> every account except "CREATOR OWNER" and my account at work "Дмитрий
> >> Копничев (Kopnichev@clearing.ru)" from my portable HDD Security
> >> Properties
> >> and changed the owner to "Дмитрий Копничев (Kopnichev@clearing.ru)".
> >> Please, Help!

Relevant Pages

  • Re: User Policies!!
    ... Roger Abell ... Microsoft MVP (Windows Security) ... MCSE MCDBA ...
  • Re: Posting deleted?
    ... by the poster - although an intermediate might do so. ... Roger Abell ... Microsoft MVP (Windows Security) ...
    (microsoft.public.security)
  • Re: Granting file access permissions
    ... > have those permissions flow down to all child OUs? ... >> You can grant permissions based on OUs. ... >> Microsoft MVP - Windows Security ...
  • Re: URGENT permissions horror! URGENT
    ... We could have pointed you at a way to reset the install ... partition to permissions as set in installion process. ... > "Roger Abell" wrote: ... >> Microsoft MVP (Windows Security) ...
    (microsoft.public.win2000.security)
  • Re: I need help putting together a server...
    ... This is off topic here in the server.security newsgroup ... Roger Abell ... Microsoft MVP (Windows Security) ...