Re: WInXP SP3

From: Imhotep (NoSpam_at_NoThanks.com)
Date: 06/18/05

Date: Fri, 17 Jun 2005 15:23:35 -0700

PA Bear wrote:

> Imhotep wrote:
>> PA Bear wrote:
>> > And a lot of 'em use their systems properly and securely and don't.
>>
>> With spyware as it is, most to a lot of rebuilds quite often...
>
> See my post which you quoted. Millions of users do /not/ get hijacked and
> most who do are able to get rid of hijackware w/out flattening the box.

Sorry but the vast majority, not just the people here, do in fact have to
deal with spyware hell and do in fact resort to reinstalling windows. Are
you really saying that, percentage-wise, this is not true?????????

-Imhotep

Relevant Pages

  • Re: Windows Explorer has encountered a problem and needs to close
    ... I already run Spyware Doctor, Spyware Sweeper, Adaware, and Spybot, ... get rid of your Norton/McAfee antiviur and get a good one. ... Update your installation of Windows. ... Download Firefox and use it instead of IE. ...
    (microsoft.public.windowsxp.general)
  • Re: Windows Explorer has encountered a problem and needs to close
    ... I already run Spyware Doctor, Spyware Sweeper, Adaware, and Spybot, ... get rid of your Norton/McAfee antiviur and get a good one. ... Update your installation of Windows. ... Download Firefox and use it instead of IE. ...
    (microsoft.public.windowsxp.general)
  • Re: Spyware...help!!!
    ... I wouldn't trust anyone but a spyware expert to get rid of the stuff. ... kathy wrote: ... HijackThis ...
    (microsoft.public.windowsxp.general)
  • Re: mntbo.dll ???
    ... > I've gotten attached by some piece of Spyware that I can't get rid of. ... Be sure to run both SpyBot and Adaware, ... Scroll down to Updates Available - ...
  • RE: Spyware "About Blank"
    ... there to get rid of this rubbish and help prevent reinfection. ... To rid your PC of Spyware and Malware try one or more of: ... Don't forget to use the firewall in XP or for more advanced products: ... I see that AntiVirus software is an absolute necessity given ...