Re: anti virus

From: PA Bear (PABearMVP_at_gmail.com)
Date: 06/17/05

Date: Fri, 17 Jun 2005 14:20:21 -0400

Symantec freely admits that the Personal and Small Business editions of NAV
don't support identifying and removing much of the hijackware (Trojan-like
hijackers) that plagues many users.

Checking for/Help with Hijackware
http://aumha.org/a/parasite.htm
   http://aumha.org/a/quickfix.htm
   http://aumha.net/viewtopic.php?t=5878
http://mvps.org/winhelp2002/unwanted.htm
http://inetexplorer.mvps.org/archive/darnit.html
   http://inetexplorer.mvps.org/archive/data/prevention.htm
   http://inetexplorer.mvps.org/archive/tshoot.html

~Robear Dyer (PA Bear)
MS MVP-Windows (IE/OE) & Security
lm wrote:
> I downloaded virus protection software "AntiVir" because my NAV (Norton)
> did not catch some Trojans and Backdoors (I have current definitions). The
> "AntiVir" detects all any idea why?

Relevant Pages

  • Re: I cant access the internet, as if I were offline. Help please.
    ... As NAV was not working I was asked to uninstall ... and install again, ... | due to hijackware) and either re-enable ZA or enable the Windows Firewall. ...
  • Re: anti virus
    ... NAV is utter cr.p and the ... >> performer in the Virus Bulletin Labs. ... >> BTW Virus Bulletin is completly independent of any AV tool developer or ... >>>> Checking for/Help with Hijackware ...
    (microsoft.public.security)
  • Re: I cant access the internet, as if I were offline. Help please.
    ... Finally I could re-install NAV and re-enable Zone Alarm. ... But I can't access the internet. ... | | due to hijackware) and either re-enable ZA or enable the Windows ...
  • Re: IE 6 is not responding
    ... Home and Small Office editions of NAV don't provide detection for all hijackware. ... couldn't find any update stuff when I check in windows update page. ...
  • Re: Danger! Hacker Predators in this forum
    ... Panda Active Scan will find true viruses/Trojans as well as hijackware: It will remove the former but not the latter. ... Home/Small Office versions of NAV may detect such "extended security risks" but they cannot/do not remove them. ...
    (microsoft.public.security)