what type of certificate authority?

From: Wayne (Wayne_at_discussions.microsoft.com)
Date: 06/16/05

Date: Thu, 16 Jun 2005 13:08:02 -0700

I was brought into an environment without good documentation and am trying to
figure out what types of CA's are present. I have 2 servers (both domain
controllers). One is a Root Certificate authority, the other is a
subordinate. I'm trying to determine if they are enterprise, or standalone.

Is there someway I can tell which it is? I can't find it in the MMC. Is
there a registry key that would tell me what kind it is?

I would assume they are enterprise but the previous admin wasn't very good
and left on bad terms so I can't ask and can't afford to assume.

Relevant Pages

  • Type of CA setup
    ... I was brought into an environment without good documentation and am trying to ... I have 2 servers (both domain ... I'm trying to determine if they are enterprise, ...
    (microsoft.public.windows.server.setup)
  • Certificate Authority type
    ... I was brought into an environment without good documentation and am trying to ... I have 2 servers (both domain ... I'm trying to determine if they are enterprise, ...
    (microsoft.public.security)
  • Re: [fw-wiz] Worms, Air Gaps and Responsibility
    ... > enterprise space, making them tasty targets. ... Linux to be locked down in terms of installed and installable software ... Standardise on IceWM and roll out your X servers. ...
    (Firewall-Wizards)
  • Re: Biztalk 2006 EnterpriseOne Adapter Config
    ... My send port configuration looks very similar to yours. ... Microsoft BizTalk Adapters for Enterprise Applications ... Did as you suggested and got latest copy of documentation from the link at ... <our JDE enterprise server host name> ...
    (microsoft.public.biztalk.general)
  • OPENINGS: Fulltime Regulatory Affairs Manager/Directory SME
    ... First Consulting Group is a provider of enterprise technology ... Management level experience preferred. ... along with excellent documentation skills. ...
    (sci.med.pharmacy)